Friday, June 5, 2009

Diablo Series #1

Lauren and I thought it prudent to get a acquainted a bit more with Diablo in preparation for the upcoming US Open and race the first Diablo series event.

Between the two of us we learned some important things:
  • Always, Always, ALWAYS check your pinch bolts and thru-axles on both wheels.
  • 60 durometer tires are NOT good at Diablo when it's wet.
  • Waking up to a power outage and no possible way to make coffee makes for a grumpy household.
  • Diablo is still a hell of a fun place to race.
So, I have no pictures, but the way it shakes down is this: Lauren and I were the only two girls racing. She is an incredibly smooth rider and eyewitnesses say that she was smoother and took better lines (ie faster) in the top sections.
However, I felt pretty darned good in the middle turny woods section and that is probably where I made up the four seconds that separated us.

I think we both felt pretty good about the US Open the next weekend at that point, but was it to be? Tune in and find out next time kids!