Friday, April 11, 2008

New Gear Day!



There are few things that get a racer more excited for the upcoming season than a cold beer and new gear! Wait, I just mean new gear.

Today I received the Downhill team’s Fox order at my doorstep.

I dragged the box in, and tore open with the vigor of a 6 year old at Christmas not giving any thought to the packing crumbs grinding their way into our freshly vacuumed carpet. This is new gear! NEW GEAR!!!

After the items were sorted out for each team member I did what any self-respecting rider would do. I tore open my stuff, put it all on immediately and jumped around in my living room. (if anyone from work is reading this, it was on my 15 min break)

Forty-five minutes later I’m still in the gear typing this up.

Stacey at Fox told me that we’d like some of the new girl-friendly gear for ’08, and wow, he wasn’t kidding!

My two favorite new items for this year are the Blitz Ride Short and the Shorty Launch Knee Pads.

The Blitz Ride Shorts fit great! I found I had to go a size up in order to account for hips, but they’re neither too baggy nor too tight. In fact, I’m still wearing them.

What I’m most stoked about, however is the fact they have a POCKET! And not a cheesy little “fold a dollar 8 times and maybe it’ll fit” pocket, a real, “Left ball, corner pocket” pocket. (or, something like that) Anyway, now I can nix the idea of getting a boob job just to have someplace to stash my keys while I’m riding. (sorry honey)

Shins and foot tops never fear, the Shorty Launch Knee Pad is here!
These are awesome. They have the “stay-put” cris-cross locking retention system that keeps the pads perfectly in place while you’re pedaling and there’s the same amount of effective coverage without the nasty “top of foot fat pinch”. You know, the one where your shoes squish the top of your foot up, the shinguards squish it down and what’s left is a nasty horse-bite type sensation? Yeah, there’s none of that with these!

I cannot wait to wear this gear with the rest of my teammates at our next race! Apparently we’re girls with money burning a hole in our pockets because we’re already scouring foxracing.com for more gear! It’s just so easy to buy things here!

Thank you to everyone at Fox for being so helpful!!!