Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I heart NY...or something

So, I am. All unpacked in Patterson NY after a 10pm-3am moving company delivery adventure, hailstorm and crazy amounts of yardwork. (yes, that all took place the very same day we "officially" moved in.)

This area is beautiful! Rolling mountains, lush and green with rushing streams and brooks cutting through the gullies. There are some trail networks closeby as we're just a few miles south of the AP, but most of the others allow mountain bikes.

I did get to go ride Diablo on Sunday...in the sub 90 degree heat. Holy crap it was hot! Diablo still kicked all kinds of ass though. Super fun and I met some really cool people there as well.

Today I took a quick morning road ride from the house. Funny, the rolling hills never seem that bad in the car but on the road bike, man I got a workout! I only did a quick 13 mile loop before work, but the hills aren't like the nice long sustained climbs of the West. These are short and steep and want to kick your butt!

More reports to come as I venture out further, and as soon as we locate our camera I can post some pics as well.

Happy trails!